A Domain name is an essential for a website. a domain name should be be a short and memorable.
Buying domains with GoDaddy
GoDaddy is one of the most well known domain name registrars, which I will use as an example here.
Here are the steps to register domain name with Godaddy.
1. Go to godaddy Home page. and search for the domain name you want to register.
2. Make sure the domain name you want is actually available, otherwise you cannot buy it!
3. Select the domain types you want.
Then Continue to Cart.
4. On the next screen, you will be asked if you want domain privacy. This hides your personal information from view from anyone searching for the owner of a domain. You can enable this if you choose, but it costs about $5 per year. You can ignore this service right now.
5. Ignore the options for hosting and email (scroll down the page) and click the orange ‘Continue to Cart’ button.
6. Now you need to create an account, or log in if you are an existing customer.
7.On the next screen, you will be asked to review your purchase.
8. The default is to register them for 2 years, but you can change this duration as per your wish.
9. GoDaddy will offer you more options like domain privacy (again), more domains (again), domain certification and search engine visibility. My advice is to forget all of these and just get the domains you want.
10. And In Final Step, Click on ‘proceed to the checkout’ and then pay.
Now, You are done.
I hope this Guide would help you to register a Your domain name with GoDaddy.